Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring Break '11

     I'm afraid I've been a serious blog-neglecter lately. I'm now attempting to come out of this phase of writer's-block, (hahaha), and enter back into the world of blogging! Luckily I have a great event to spur me on in my writing.

     SPRING BREAK.


     This year's spring hiatus from school and responsibility I deviated from my normal break activities and took a road-trip to Colorado! It seems like it must be common knowledge that I very strongly dislike road-trips. My history of car-sickness phobia will explain a lot of this to you.

     Anyway, with more than a few qualms I signed up for a youth group snowboarding trip to Ski Cooper in Leadville, Colorado. With the incredibles, Randy and Bethany Olsson, heading it up, I knew it would be an adventure and didn't want to pass up the opportunity.

     I arrived at Ski Cooper as a beginner snowboarder and left the same.. I was brave to the point of recklessness and have the bruises to show for it. After nearly four days of not snowboarding I still feel as though I fractured my tailbone.

     Regardless of my inherent tendency to fall down increased by the fact I was fastened to a board at the top of a very steep and icy hill, I managed to have a great load of fun and want to return soon! My hope is that this trip will become an annual one so that I'll be able to improve my snowboarding expertise. :)

     Due to laziness I'm not going to give you a day-by-day account of the trip, though I assure you it would be very interesting.. here are some pictures to give you the gist of the trip.


Here we are, awaiting the arrival of the rental vans so we can begin our trip, estimated at 24 hours.



Fortunately for us girls, it worked out seating-wise for these for guys to be squashed in the back-most seat in the van, leaving the women the more spacious three-person car seats.


Here are my road buddies, Bryn and Abigail. :)


Snapshots of Peter, Justin, and Caleb in stage 4 sleep. Hahaa.



Snow and mountains came as the van sped closer to our destination.


After arriving, getting the vans stuck and unstuck in the snow, we spent a few minutes taking pictures in the winter wonderland of Colorado!




Clara and I in our snowboarding getup!



Caleb, Justin and I at the top of the mountain. (Or.. was it the bunny slope? ;)


The Lord's glorious masterpiece
Getting to wake up and see the sun rise over these mountains was such an enormous blessing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment