Saturday, January 22, 2011

A New Semester

Hello, friends! 

I feel as though things have been running non-stop! I'm sure it is mostly my own fault. I'm always filling the rare, free moments with something else, barely giving myself a time to think. The only time I sit and read the Bible or write in my journal is after 11 PM when everyone else in the house has gone to bed and I'm nearly asleep. Because free time is so scarce I feel the need to put it to good use and spend with friends that I wouldn't otherwise get to see! This isn't how it always works out, though.. so today I only left the house once! Are you proud of me? You shouldn't be.. I wanted to go to Rockwells and Kathrine's and various other places, but the opportunities never arose so I was forced to content myself with home and Brookeshire's.

This week I started school again after the six-week long Christmas break! I was somewhat ready to go back after having such an erratic holiday. I think.. I flourish on routine.  This semester my schedule is somewhat erratic itself! I have classes at three different locations, all in one day! Things have been simplified by the canceling of one the dance classes I taught and two dance classes I took last semester, which helps keep things manageable. 

On Monday, Martin Luther King Jr. day, I found out some horribly unfortunate news regarding my classes. All of the TJC courses I'd signed up for at Teen Mania had been abolished due to lack of enrollment! Ah! I was something like devastated. I had stressed so much, trying to get registered for those classes! I'd been planning my life for the next five months according to THIS schedule with THESE classes. Anyway, we had to call the next day and re-enroll me for classes.. that is why my classes are in three different places (online, Lindale, and Tyler) rather than at Teen Mania where I had originally planned for them to be. 

These classes aren't the only things that have been different from what I'd intended or expected for this semester. I thought that I had worked everything out perfectly, and when things were changed I was devastated! I've been forced to believe that my plan wasn't the right one after all and the Lord had something else in mind. It is true, my plans don't always coincide with the ones that the Lord has.. but I know His are so much better than my own so I'm content to follow Him! 

"For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere.
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness. 
For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor.
No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly.

O Lord of hosts, blessed is the one who trusts in you!" - Psalm 84:10-12




No comments:

Post a Comment