Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January 16th, 2013

I just opened up this old blog and became crowded with emotions. I miss years past. I miss the simplicity of the life. I miss the flood of things the Lord was teaching me back then. Lately I haven’t been putting things into words as well. I’m going for weeks on end without picking up a pen to journal which never happened when I was in high school. I know some things must change as life changes.. I’m older, I’m going to school for nursing, I’m busy, Austyn Bailiff is my boyfriend, and plenty of other changes have occurred, but I don’t want these things to stand in the way of my spiritual growth. Or even worse, cause any growth that has happened to reverse! As I’m saying all of this, I feel flooded with assurance from the Lord that there has been no standstill in what He’s been teaching me. Even still, I want to be like I was back then. Thirsty. Doing everything I could for more of the Lord. What can I do to produce the fruit that I’m seeking? Stop seeking fruit. I need to set aside the worry of spiritual growth and just Seek Him. "Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you."  Worrying about outward growth will do me no good. 


As I seek Him, I'm going to begin putting words to what I'm learning as I once did. 




This is my official return to writing.

2 comments:

  1. This is a good thing. :)
    I know how it is to feel like you've just stopped in the spiritual growth department, I also know how it feels to have gone in reverse.
    Hang in there sweetie and keep pursuing Jesus.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow things have changed, sometimes life throws us a curve ball, Im a friend of your dad, from the past,he will probably tell you all about me from the Gates of Life world, lol, It was fun and intresting, Take care, Mark Roberts

    http://tinyurl.com/m4seyqd

    ReplyDelete